Mission Statement | Our Story | Chapel Chatter  | Announcements & Events | Rental InfoCommittees | Brick Order Info

The story of why and how The Faith Community of Saints Cyril and Methodius Chapel was built.

 

 

In 1881 the parish of SS Cyril and Methodius was formed and a church was built on the corner of Hwy T and State Hwy 29 in Poland in the Town of Eaton.  This church was a home for the polish community for over 100 years.
In January 1999 the Green Bay Diocese closed the original church and it was merged with the St. Thomas Church in Sugarbush.  After the closure of the church the Faith Community of SSCM was formed which consisted of former members of the parish.  The Green Bay Diocese allowed the Faith Community to gather at the church for prayer services that were planned and presented by the members of the Faith Community.  The Faith Community was allowed to do this until June 2000.  At that time the diocese decided to no longer allow the Faith Community to use the church for prayer.

The church stood closed and the stained glass windows were removed.  They were sold by the St. Thomas Parish to Corpus Christi Parish in Sturgeon Bay, WI.  After being releaded,  the windows were installed in the Corpus Christi church.

On July 29, 2003 the original church was razed.  Leaving an empty spot in the community.  The Faith Community of SSCM felt a need to have a place to pray and uphold the polish heritage of the community.  The chapel would also give the people of the community a place to gather as community again.